The Fun Part: The program will be set up as Girl/Boy Scout “Troop 208.” Each participant will receive an actual “sash”. As participants complete various requirements (totalling twelve), they will receive “badges”, which they will be able to attach to their “sash.” Once all twelve badges have been attained, participants will achieve the prestigious “Bulldog Scout” ranking. Small prizes may be involved.
Specific objectives of this group include:
- attain proficiency with three technology tools
- create a tangible artifact using each tool (this could be a lesson using the hardware)
- teach a colleague how to use the tool
- present one tool to the faculty (this could be in a faculty meeting, at an Institute Day, via a video tutorial, etc.)
- complete a form detailing the who/what/when/where/why/hows of each tool
- comment on other participants’ websites, blogs, etc.